One of the most important factors that affects the development of human civilization is the ability to adapt to environmental conditions. The pandemic has severely limited our ability to communicate in real life, but the development of technology has provided new opportunities for online socialization. For many, remote work has become a new norm of life, and employers are forced to take into account the current situation and take measures to ensure that these norms do not have a negative impact on the workflow.
So Google figured out what to do with offices and employees. Google CEO Sundar Pichai announced that 20% of employees will work from home all the time, and another 20% will return to work in new offices. The remaining 60% will work in their offices, as it was before the pandemic. At the same time, the company will operate a "hybrid" working week, when an employee must be in the office for 3 days, and 2 — work from where it is convenient for him. In addition, with the permission of the manager, each employee will have the opportunity to work remotely for up to 4 weeks a year.
As we can see from the information above, many companies adapt to the challenges that arise in the covid and post-covid periods. The key factor for such adaptation is safe and reliable communication between employees both in the office and outside it.
Today there are many proposals for solutions for organizing remote work. Which one should you choose?
If you are looking for a fairly simple and reliable solution for reasonable money, then you should pay attention to OpenScape Web Collaboration - a scalable, secure and highly reliable solution for joint communications from Atos (formerly Siemens, then Unify), one of the European leaders in the voice services market.
Do you need to clarify a client's request or solve an IT problem of a remote worker? Atos Unify OpenScape Web Collaboration offers a simple and easy-to-use solution for such tasks. Scalable and secure, it is an affordable Web-based solution for holding one or more web conferences for enterprises of any size. There are several clients available to choose from, such as Windows, macOS, and mobile clients for smartphones and tablets. Up to 1000 participants can conduct webinars, trainings, project meetings, meetings on commercial issues and product demonstrations. Also, by providing access and control over a remote user's computer, you can offer a support service for employees and customers around the world. All this is the flexibility of the OpenScape Web Collaboration solution.
Key Features of OpenScape Web Collaboration
- Simple and clear: the user shell is so simple and clear that no user training is even required.
- Multi-screen: users can have multiple monitors and determine which ones are visible.
- Different Media: you can quickly and easily switch between different media - chat, voice and video - with just one click.
- Interface: you can change the user interface of your system by adding or removing individual tabs, for example, chat or video.
- Automatic Language Detection: OpenScape Web Collaboration automatically understands the language of your operating system.
- Commenting: the introduction of new mouse pointers (left and right click) allows web conference participants to leave comments with visualization.
Starting a session from any application:
- Instantly launch or schedule a meeting using OpenScape WebCollaboration, Atos Unify OpenScape UC application, Microsoft Office, HCL Notes client or any other integrated application.
- Planning and launching combined audio and web conferences - from your desktop, smartphone or tablet. Audio calls or conferences can easily be included in a web session.
- OpenScape Web Collaboration includes a plugin for group work that allows you to schedule a voice conference and an Internet collaboration session from your Microsoft Office client or HCL Notes.
The main advantages of the solution
- Security: the security of OpenScape Web Collaboration for confidential meetings is provided by the Secure Connect service. Sessions are password protected, it is possible to see the entire list of participants, exclude anonymous participants and block the session. All sessions are encrypted with 256-bit AES code and cannot be decrypted on the server, also all sessions are temporary and leave no residual information either on the disk or in the registry. In addition, you can limit or specify which cloud server locations are used for connection (global server, server located in Europe or only in Germany).
- Scalability: the scalability of OpenScape Web Collaboration is practically unlimited, with the help of a cascading server architecture, it can support sessions with up to 1000 participants.
- Reliability: OpenScape Web Collaboration supports server redundancy and backup, as well as no downtime when expanding the solution for scalability or redundancy. An automatic client reconnection feature is also available when the connection to the server is lost and provides user-controlled dynamically optimized video streaming to optimize quality and control network bandwidth.
- Flexibility: the OpenScape Web Collaboration solution offers all the basic functions of web conferences and is available both locally and from an external data center.
Who can benefit from OpenScape Web Collaboration?
Any company that wants to reduce costs and increase productivity and improve the collaboration of its employees, because OpenScape Web Collaboration:
- Saves money and time by minimizing expensive online conference services, as well as saving on business trips.
- Increases productivity and efficiency of collaboration, allowing you to easily exchange ideas and information without leaving the office, helping to achieve more in less time.
- It simply provides first-level IT support to internal users or external customers.
- Increases your competitive advantage by improving communication and relationships with your customers, employees, partners and suppliers.
Why OpenScape Web Collaboration?
- It's fast - OpenScape Web Collaboration is quickly installed. It takes less than an hour to deploy the server and only a few seconds to download a single exe file for moderators. And setting up or installing a client for participants is not required.
- It's simple - OpenScape Web Collaboration has an easy-to-use and intuitive user interface. An easy transition from one type of communication to another with one click provides quick access to any of the functions. Users can schedule voice and web conferences in one step, and sessions can be started from the OpenScape Web Collaboration client, the OpenScape UC client, or using Microsoft or HCL clients.
- It's affordable - OpenScape Web Collaboration provides advanced web conferencing features at an affordable cost - for all deployment scenarios. The cost of installing the client is minimal and the solution can be installed using a minimum of IT resources and does not require special work skills. The solution also supports VMware virtualization, the ability to install with other Atos Unify OpenScape applications on the same server – which reduces hardware, installation and management costs.
- It is open - OpenScape Web Collaboration supports industry standards such as SIP, H.264 and can be integrated with almost any application through an open XML-RPC interface. In addition, it integrates plugins with Microsoft Office and HCL. This means that users can schedule and launch web conferencing sessions using a client of their choice.
OpenScape Web Collaboration is high-performance collaboration and secure support from anywhere. In real time from almost any device, colleagues, partners and customers can come together to share ideas and exchange information.
Atos is an international leader in the field of digital transformation with an annual turnover of more than 11 billion euros and the number of employees of 105,000 people. Atos provides high-tech integrated solutions in the field of consulting, system integration, managed services and business process outsourcing, cloud computing, security and big data management for all industries in 71 countries around the world.
You can get advice on Atos products and solutions from InfoTel, a partner of Atos Unify in Ukraine, a system integrator of telecommunications and information solutions since 2004.
Trust your business to professionals!